Do you enjoy junk food but want to start up healthier eating habits? Hearn Kirkwood can help you enjoy the best of both worlds while you improve your health on a daily basis.
We have a secret to share with you. Not all junk foods are bad for you. Yes, read that sentence again.
It is perfectly okay to indulge on healthy junk foods.
What are healthy junk foods?
Healthy junk foods could be a delicious breakfast sandwich, gourmet popcorn or frozen burritos. Why are they called healthy junk foods?
The foods are categorized as healthy junk food because the food items do not hinder your fitness efforts if you eat in moderation.
Here are some healthy junk foods you can try today:
- Candy Bars. No, we are not promoting you to eat candy bars full of nuts. Candy nut bars have the most calories and grams of fat of chocolate candy bars. What we are promoting is for you to snack on candy bars with fruit filling. The candy bars with fruit filling never have more than 250 calories or 10 grams of fat. The best candy bars are dark chocolate candy bars.
- Cookies. If you are a cookie lover, go for oatmeal cookies or Fig Newtons. These cookies have the lowest calories and grams of fat when it comes to cookies.
- Ice cream. We understand that sometimes you want the extra toppings of candy bars; gummi worms and cookies on your ice cream but the calories and grams of fat can really stack up fast. Instead, go for plain ice cream such as natural vanilla. You’ll thank yourself later when you feel healthier and confident by sacrificing those extra toppings. We highly recommend purchasing double churned ice cream. It removes artificial sweeteners and you’ll consume less calories than you would with frozen yogurt. You will know whether your ice cream is double churned ice cream when the package says slow churned or slow cold.
- Pizza. Just because you’re on a healthy diet, doesn’t mean you have to give up your favorite meals such as pizza. Instead of ordering a grease filled pizza, create homemade pizzas for yourself that have a thinner crust and plenty of fresh vegetables. The average thin crust pizza has only 14 grams of fat in two slices.
- Air Popped Potato Chips. This is by far the best kind of chip you can eat to better your health. Air popped potato chips have no artificial preservatives or corn oil. They are also bulkier than standard chips to prevent you from going over and beyond the calories your body should gain in a day.
See What’s Fresh today at Hearn Kirkwood.
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.