Christmas is only a week away! If you want to delight your family and friends beyond Christmas gifts under the tree, you can make them a hearty Christmas brunch or Christmas dinner of healthy comfort food.
Healthy comfort foods are especially appealing during the Christmas holiday because the foods add an extra coziness to a heart-warming holiday. Also healthy comfort foods can be Christmas gifts because your family and friends can eat to their hearts content without worrying about all the extra calories. The healthy comfort foods we will share with you are considered Christmas meals that will help all your family and friends slim down during the holidays. We have a list of Christmas brunch and Christmas dinner ideas you can try this year! Here are our two listings:
It doesn’t matter if your family prefers Christmas Omelets or Eggs Benedict, there’s something delightful you can cook up that the whole family can enjoy. Breakfast is a mealtime that can make Christmas Day extra special because it can get the whole family in a great mood.
Here are some of our best Christmas brunch ideas for serving healthy comfort foods:
- The Ciabatta French Toast. This extra delicious French toast is moist in the inside and perfectly crunchy on the outside. It is served with Gruyere cheese, sliced apples (or your choice of fruit) and topped with Apple Maple Syrup.
- The Winter Fruit Salad is a healthy and quick to make breakfast side dish. The best Christmas fruits are apples, pears, mango and berries. Serve it on top of hot potatoes and you’re good to go.
- Eggs Topped over Garlic Cheddar Grits. For this to be an extra delightful breakfast, you have to serve poached eggs over the grits. The yoke on top of the grits is spectacular to the taste buds.
Don’t forget to serve coffee, orange juice, tea and buttermilk at breakfast. You’ll have the whole family as well as your friends smiling over the healthy and delicious Christmas brunch.
As for the big Christmas Dinner, you can’t go wrong with warm, homemade bake goods, lean meats and crunchy food. Here are some of our favorite Christmas dinner comfort foods:
- Traditional Chicken Pot Pie. All you need is chicken breast, thyme, your favorite fresh vegetables and a flaky pastry crust. Best of all it’s fat free.
- Pork Chops smothered in delicious and healthy mushroom gravy.
- Mac & Cheese with spinach and peas. You may add as many of your favorite fresh vegetables as desire. Your family and friends will rave about this Mac & Cheese recipe.
- Clam Chowder Soup. The clam juice combined with the carrots, corn and potatoes will have your family and friends asking for 2nds and 3rds.
Check out more Christmas Recipes on our Hearn Kirkwood website.
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and fresh seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.
To contact Hearn Kirkwood call 410.712.6000 (Baltimore), 301.621.2992 (Washington DC), or visit our website!