This weekend Kim Kardashian delivered her baby girl. Soon Kim K will begin her post-pregnancy diet and weight loss routine.
If you’re an expecting mom, this is a good time to get your post-pregnancy diet and weight loss plan in order.
Hearn Kirkwood is here to help you get started by providing you information on snacks that help you stay healthy and lose baby weight post pregnancy.
Stars like Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry are finding better ways to lose weight after delivering babies.
What do Tia Mowry and Tamera Mowry recommend that moms eat post pregnancy?
They recommend snacking on the following foods:
- -Bananas have potassium that help improve muscle functions. It can also reduce muscle cramps.
- -Dried seaweed: It includes a great source of the following of vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin C, vitamin K, and B complex. The seaweed also has antioxidants to fight off cancer and free radical cells that cause the body to age.
- -Guacamole and quinoa chips. This delicious snack can help lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- -Rice cakes. Eat them with fresh fruit for a delicious and low in calories snack.
These are great foods for moms to eat post pregnancy because the food products are gluten free, yeast free and low calorie meals.
Next, you must pay attention to how you cook. The way you cook your meal really can make the difference between healthy meals versus a fattening meal.
Help yourself resist the urge to eat junk food by:
- When buying snacks that are meant for multi-servings, don’t eat directly from the package. Create small snack bags that can last for the week. Only eat one a day. Eating fewer calories a day can help you lose over 20 pounds a year or more.
- Eat fresh vegetables everyday. Follow the green, orange and red rule when purchasing fresh vegetables. Have some of each color for a well-balanced eating of vegetables. Vegetables can be used in soups, casseroles, stews, sandwiches and more.
- Eat seafood. This will help you protect yourself from heart disease. Heart disease is the number one killer of Americans.
For more healthy eating tips, shop at Hearn Kirkwood.
See What’s Fresh now at Hearn Kirkwood.
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.