Are you searching for ways to speed up your metabolism? If yes, you can rev up your metabolism with a healthy eating diet. In fact, you can train your body to have a superfast metabolism.
Everyday your body starts and ends a variety of biochemical processes.
The metabolism process is when the body coverts your food fuel into energy/ glucose. This is necessary because all cells in the body need energy – the heart, the lungs, the digestive system, and even the brain need glucose.
The more labor your body has to complete, the faster your metabolism becomes. In other words, how many calories your body needs to fully function correlates with your metabolic rate.
Your metabolic rate is always fluctuating based on how fast the heart beats and the muscles you use or do not use regularly.
If you believe you can speed up your metabolic rate by starving yourself, think again. Anytime you eat less, your body will train itself to burn calories slower. This will make losing weight harder and you’ll feel less energized.
Instead, you should train your body to reduce calories with a healthy diet and weight training activities. Exercise will be essential in building up a good metabolic rate. You can take a walk, go running or ride a bike at least once a day to help boost your metabolism.
Forget the diet pills. Here is what you can eat and drink on the regular to help improve your metabolism:
- Eat a balanced breakfast every morning to boost your energy and control your appetite for the day. Have plenty of complex carbs and protein in your breakfast such as granola/ trail mix, blueberry snack bars, crackers with hummus, and more.
- Eat spicy foods. This could be anything with hot peppers like jalapeno and cayenne peppers. Spicy foods boost up your metabolism because the spicy food help the body release adrenaline that increases the amount of calories you can burn.
- Drink at least 2 cups of coffee a day can increase your metabolism by 15%,
- Drink plenty of green tea, at least 24oz a day to burn 70-100 calories a day from the antioxidants catechins.
- You should always eat more than 1200 calories a day by eating small meals every 3-4 hours. Don’t forget to get plenty of sleep (at least 7 hours).
Read up on Hearn Kirkwood’s recipes that will help boost up your metabolism – from Strawberry, Melon & Avocado Salad to Coconut-Crusted Soft-Shell Crab with Mango Chutney.
Hearn Kirkwood has a wide variety of healthy vegetables, fruits, meat, seafood and beverage selections for you. See What’s Fresh today.
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.