Do you believe you’re more inclined to over eat during the holidays? You’re not alone. Luckily there are actions you can take to prevent yourself from over eating during the big holidays and we are here to help you prevent yourself from going overboard.
You can start on your journey to not over eat this holiday season by confirming to yourself that one day of over eating will not make you obese or prevent you from losing weight.
No, skipping meals is not going to help keep you from over eating. It will actually make you hungrier during meals. No, quitting before you give your diet your 100% will not do you any good. You need to learn how to effectively perform weight maintenance.
Here’s how you should get your day started during the holiday to prevent yourself from overeating:
- Eat breakfast first thing in the morning. Breakfast is the meal of the day that truly gets your metabolism up and running.
- Drink plenty of water. Drinking water will help you feel full and prevent dehydration.
- Eat plenty of vegetables. Eating a salad during lunch will prevent you from feeling groggy after your big Thanksgiving meal. Food coma prepares you to over eat not just twice but three or more times.
- Eat snacks. Healthy snacks like fruits and nuts can help you keep your metabolism fast and prevent overeating.
- Eat more homemade meals. There’s nothing quite like a homemade meal. Home cooking is considered clean food, if prepared with health in mind. Instead of feeding the family ham and other pork products this holiday season, try making broiled fish, roasted potatoes and serve green vegetables. Don’t forget to dish out quinoa with your homemade meals to prevent bloating.
As for a serving yourself and guests a healthy beverage this holiday season, try coffee. Drinking coffee is one of the healthiest choices you can make during the holiday season.
How is coffee a healthy beverage?
For one, coffee has antioxidants and a handful of nutrients to keep you healthy and energized throughout the day. Coffee is capable of keeping you energized during the day because it features the stimulant caffeine that absorbs itself into your bloodstream and travels to your brain to block adenosine (which is an inhibitory neurotransmitter). As a result, the brain has the opportunity to improve your memory, temperament, and cognitive function.
Here is a list of nutrients that you receive every day in your cup of joe:
-Riboflavin from Vitamin B2
-Pantothenic Acid from Vitamin B5
-Magnesium and Niacin from Vitamin B3
By drinking between 3 to 4 cups of coffee a day, you can lower your risk of experiencing the following health problems:
-Type II Diabetes
Stop by Hearn Kirkwood to select your favorite coffee, fruits, vegetables and meats. We are here to help you prevent overeating this Thanksgiving.
See What’s Fresh at Hearn Kirkwood.
To contact Hearn Kirkwood call 410.712.6000 (Baltimore), 301.621.2992 (Washington DC), or visit our website!
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and fresh seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.