Did you know eating certain foods could make your skin age faster? This may be alarming but you can avoid or reduce your consumption of particular foods to reduce the affects of skin aging. We are here to provide you information on these foods as well as foods that improve the healthy and look of your skin. Let’s get started.
Give yourself 10 seconds. What foods do you think will age your skin faster? Everything we eat can affect our health for the better or for worse. Just because you’re applying great skin products to your skin surface, doesn’t mean you’re not doing harm to your skin by eating certain foods. Here is a list of foods that can age your face faster:
- Refined Carbs/ Sugars. That’s any carb or sugar that’s not in its natural state. Yes, you can eat fruits, but avoid processed foods and foods with chemicals at all costs. If you are stocking up on pre-packaged snacks, stop and go for fresher snacks such as fruits and vegetables.
- Salt. Too much salt in your food diet can cause many health problems, including skin health problems. Why? Salt will age your skin faster because it can cause water retention. When you have too much salt in your diet, you can make your skin look dry and tired because you are dehydrating your skin. A sure sign you are consuming too much salt: having puffy eyes and your body overall has a puffy look. Don’t worry, you can correct the issue by drinking water so your body can release water. Lay off the salt when eating fries, meats and other foods. There are alternative seasoning you can try that have less sodium.
- Caffeine. Yes, drinking too much coffee or soft drinks can put a hurting on your skin health. Try to stick to 1 or 2 cups of coffee everyday rather than drinking five or more. When you have too much caffeine it can negatively impact your skin.
- Slow down on the alcohol consumption. Drink in moderation. You can make sure drinking alcohol doesn’t severely breakdown your collagen can create wrinkles by always following up your alcohol drinks with a glass of water.
- Don’t eat too much fried food. Anytime you eat friend foods, you are harming your body with unhealthy fat that puts free radicals inside your body. You know what free radicals do? They clog up your skin pores. If you are going to fry foods, use olive oils and avocados.
Many of us forget that our skin is a body organ. Don’t neglect your skin health with unhealthy foods. Here are some healthy foods you can grab at Hearn Kirkwood to improve your skin health today:
- Eat fresh fruits to clear up your skin. If you find eating fruits is difficult, try to eat some fresh fruit once a day.
- Eat healthy fats. Yes, there’s a such thing as healthy fats and healthy fats can help you properly keep your skin hydrated. Some healthy fats you can enjoy on the regular are nuts, avocados, sunflower seeds and pumpkin.
- Eat plenty of vegetables to remove toxins from your body. You cannot go wrong with fresh salads.
- Stock up on bottled water. The hotter the water, the better skin clarity you will experience. Drink warm water right before bed and you will notice your skin clearing up. You can also drink tea and citrus with spice to reduce dark circles and keep your skin from drying out.
If you are ready to have better skin health, come grocery shop at Hearn Kirkwood today.
Hearn Kirkwood is a privately held Food Service Distributor specializing in produce, meat, poultry, dairy, and fresh seafood. We purchase 90% of our fresh produce direct from California, Florida, Texas, etc. with the balance supplied by local markets. We are located within one mile of Route 295 and I95 providing us with easy access to Baltimore, Washington and Virginia.